Sunday, November 05, 2006

Mmmmm...November has been wonderful so far! The weather has been l o v e l y .

In the last 3 days I've seen Saw III, Marie Antionette, and BORAT! Saw III was sooo goodddd...and the way they end it, you know there will be a Saw 4. Marie Antionette was a wonderful era-movie. I really did learn a few things about Marie Antionette that I didn't know, and Jason Schwartzman was hilarious as King Louis. I was expecting them to cut off her head at the end, but of course they didn't...but I was really hoping they would though. It would have been interesting. and Borat...BORAT...of course that was phenomenal. My stomach hurt from laughing so much....that's how funny it was.

Last night Jessica and I went to Hard Rock Live to see Head Automatica/Cobra Starship. Tickets were sold out, but we found a girl who was selling tickets, and she WAS NOT a scalper, she was just getting rid of her tickets, and I actually saved money buying tickets from her then if I bought them from Ticketmaster like she did. haha woooo (by the way, they were balcony seats!! so we got to see the show from general admission and went up to the balcony when we wanted to sit haha). So we got in late and missed Cobra Starship and The Receiving End of Sirens, and I was bummed because I really wanted to see Gabe and I've never seen TREOS live. I've never heard of Rock Kills Kid until last night and there's a reason for that...no bueno, but whatever. Head Automatica was sooo good. Daryl Palumbo's stage presence is awesome and adorable because he is tiny! Afterwards we were walking around and I saw Gabe! He is so much taller than I thought. He recognized Jessica's perfume and then they started speaking Spanish..no joke. "Are you spanish? Me too.. laca laca laca laca(laca = them speaking spanish that I don't understand)" that's what happened. haha but he was a pretty cool dude and he said I shouldn't have missed their set because it was awesome...I'll see them next time I suppose. Since it's a MTV2 tour, FYE had a sponsored signing area. I got a free Head Automatica poster and met the band...and that's usually not how I like to meet bands because it's like a forced awkward meeting situation, but a free poster is a free poster and Daryl Palumbo is a tiny tiny man.

30 seconds to Jared Leto's band was SOOO WEIRDDDDDDDDD. First of all, their backdrop was of a huge crowd of asians with their eyes blacked out [WHICH I HATED BECAUSE IT REMINDED ME OF THE GRUDGE :( ]and had a white/red theme and Jared Leto and his band were all dressed up in white. And it was weird to see him singing and screaming and playing guitar....what's this actor doing thinking he's a rockstar??!?!?! I dunno...maybe he is, but I wasn't into his stuff at all, his whole concert was kind of cult like. We left before they came out to do their encore.

All in all, it was a great night.




Head Automatica from the balcony.


creepy 30 seconds to Jared Leto.


Jessica and I on the moving walkway from CityWalk back to ze parking garage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker


free counters

website statistics