Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So I missed the inauguration. ughhh... My teacher let us leave class to go watch it and by the time I got to my car in the parking lot and turned on the radio Obama was already giving his speech. I'll have to watch it on cnn.com or sumsing.

Also every radio station was playing inauguration coverage except y-100 (top 40 WHITE channel). typical. 99 jamz, power 96, 103.5 the beat were all in sync with coverage, "urban" channels. hah

Anyways, his speech as a whole was pretty good, but there were 2 parts that I really liked..

"To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

and

"This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed - why men and women and children of every race and every faith can join in celebration across this magnificent mall, and why a man whose father less than sixty years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath."

I voted for Barack Obama and I am really proud to have him as my president. WE HAVE A BLACK PRESIDENT Y'ALL!!!!! so amazing. I'm ready for change.




And on a less political note, this video of Jake and Amir made me laugh soo hard. I love them so much.




I'm going to take a nap right now, I seem to have picked up cholera or small pox yesterday. Last night I was freezing, took a nap and woke up sweating. Sweat all night ... and woke up feeling like death. ughhhh i hate being sick. NAP TIME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker


free counters

website statistics