Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The past 6 days I've seen 6 movies. Not on purpose really, they just happened in my life!




Taken (2008) was on HBO and what a thriller! I was annoyed with the 17yr old daughter telling strangers her business because obviously euros are going to abduct young dumb Americans, but the Dad was so bad ass..if you haven't seen it, WATCH IT. IT'S TIGHT. A++

Notorious (2009) was also on HBO and I was pretty excited! I remember when Tupac died, and I remember when Biggie died. I had no plans on seeing this movie in theaters but knew I wanted to eventually see what happened in his life. I was bummed that Angela Bassett played Biggie's Mom and didn't have a Jamaican accent. Voletta Wallace is from da island! Faith Evans story is good, and Lil Kim's involvement is sad. No more spoilers, WATCH IT IF YOU LOVE HIP HOP! IT'S TIGHT. A++

This Is England (2006) I saw This Is England on Kiersten's Netflix Instant Queue, and was stoked she had it but of course upon further investigation it was Eric who downloaded it. I went over to their place and watched it on Sunday night. It was awesome! The non-racist skinhead Woody looks exactly like Dana Beal's older brother, and it was distracting. But besides that, it was an awesome story line, and I loved the chelsea girls. WATCH IT IF YOU UP THE PUNX? and if you don't, it was TIGHT REGARDLESS. A++

Hot Tub Time Machine (2010) A coworker of mine downloaded this movie and gave it to me on a flash drive. It had it's funny parts, but I'd be upset if I paid to see this movie in theaters. It was okay.. wait for it on HBO. B--

TOY STORY 3 (2010) OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I CAN'T TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT THIS UNLESS THEY'VE ALREADY SEEN IT.
I love Toy Story so much, especially Woody. And yes, I did cry. Parts of it really get to you. A must see for the summer. TIGHTEST MOVIE OF 2010. A++++++

Eclipse (2010) I saw it today with Kiersten and Ari. We certainly did not go to a midnight showing, but matinee on opening day was fine with us. It was way better than Twilight and New Moon. Things are getting hot and heavy and all the characters are attractive. Carlisle Cullen is my forever my favorite. I think Bella is a slut and that's all I'm going to say. Thumbs up for spanish/native american men in cut-off denim shorts! OBVIOUSLY TIGHT. A++


My work gave me a birthday card accompanied by a gift certificate to Carabba's! I love when birthday cards are passed around at work because I usually write something special for the recipient, even if I don't know them that well. There's a guy named Julio who works upstairs, and he always writes the stupidest, most ridiculous things on cards and I was pumped for him to write on my card. I've gotten to know him recently and instead of the normal jokingly "Remember the time we did crack in the parking lot" for someone he doesn't know, he wrote something nice and equally funny for me.

"Another year of our precious lives has come and gone and we must always be mindful of the fact that we must always move forward, make progress, grow in our minds, enrich our spirits, mature, aquire wisdom and inch closer to fulfilling that beautiful goal & purpose that chosen for us, in my case art&music, in your case you must search your heart and bravely pursue that dream and that career that will bring you untold amounts of joy and happiness where you will be serving God's children meanwhile making an abundant living that will grant you the freedom to travel, save for the future, give to charity, buy booze (hopefully better champagne than the fermented apple juice they gave me at that bar) and explore cool new hobbies and ventures such as investing in a unique collection of monopoly board games that are branded with such iconic characters such as the Simpsons, Dora the Explorer Monopoly, Monopoly Millenium edition, the monopoly where the spaces are US cities like Vegas & D.C. instead of Boardwalk & Park Place, the GI Joe monopoly and many other unusual & eclectic hobbies & collections with all of the new found wealth you will have aquired from showing the upmost courage to live your dreams and nobody elses, especially when a time-card is involved, thats not living. But I know your spirit is strong and you will serve as a beacon of greatness and excellence for your peers as you are already one to make us all smile when we see yours :D (Happy Birthday!)
-Julio 2010 "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker


free counters

website statistics