Monday, November 08, 2010

I took a 1.5 hour Virgin America flight to San Francisco to visit with my family.




We ate a bomb crab dinner at The Franciscan,


where Alcatraz was visible from our dinner table.


Walking through the city I noticed the Martin Lawrence gallery from a distance. Immediately I thought "daaaaang Martin Lawrence is cultured!" specifically because the Martin show was one of my favorite shows growing up.. alas, it is a different Martin Lawrence.


My sister scooped up $12 tix for the san francisco youth symphony.


I got my hair TRIMMED in China Town. It's rare for me to cut my mermaid hair, I guess every 2 years seems to be the current hair cut frequency. The stylist's name was Pauline, and she spoke very VERY limited English, leading me to believe that her name is not actually Pauline. She was nice and at one point, she pointed to the supremely old guy getting his hair cut next to mine and said "99" ... how crazy! I was sitting next to a 99 year old man, who by the way got his hair dyed super black and also trimmed. Amazing.








From someone who buys a lot of postcards, seeing 7 for 99c is A GREAT DEAL!


Good Charlotte came by the office on Thursday, and Grace and I did a little interview for the street team.





Later that night was a free show at the Universal Hollywood City Walk. They played so many songs from 2000-2002, and I was going apeshit. I couldn't believe the lyrics were just coming back from my memory bank.

On Friday I saw a dude in all black on his bmx bike pedaling towards me. I smile at him because I know this dude from somewhere, and he smiles back and pedals away. I realize it's Rick Thorne and laugh to myself because Los Angeles is a crazy place to live.



If 10, nay, 5 years ago you told me that you could see a celebrity, tweet at them, and they would respond back to you within an hour, I'd say you're out of your mind. THE INTERNET AMAZES ME. It really does. I'm not like a huge bmx fan or sports fan, but I'm super good at recognizing random people and seeing Rick Thorne was awesome.



Saturday morning I volunteered with some of my Kickball team at the LA Food Bank. I thought we were going to feed the homeless, but we were in the sorting area and boxed up loaves of bread, squash and carrots. So many carrots, enough carrots that Bugs Bunny's head would explode if he saw it.

Afterwards we had Korean BBQ for lunch at Tahoe Galbi. It was my first time eating korean bbq and it was so much fun!!!!! Sidenote, kimchi is not for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker


free counters

website statistics