Sunday, January 16, 2011


I had lunch with Ileana last week and I asked her 1000 questions about everything in her life. When she goes to Stir Crazy and creates her own meal, she doesn't get any vegetables, but grabs a few pineapples to eat while she waits in line. I'm always curious by picky-eaters, why they are the way they are, why they hate such delicious vegetables and foods, but still respect them and their decisions. She will be in my People section in a few weeks :)

Ileana is doing a semester abroad in Prague. PRAGUE. THE CZECH REPUBLIC. According to her and wikipedia, there are NYU campuses in London, Paris, Florence, Madrid, Berlin, Accra, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv and Singapore, and homegirl picks PRAGUE! Those are all amazing cities in amazing countries, but Prague seems the most mysterious to me, and she picked it because it seems to be the most authentically set in their own time and country feel. I guess I should mention that at the young age of 19, she's already a seasoned world traveller with a few countries under her residency belt and probably has an impressive passport.



Her Hong Kong apartment ID card--age 7!!

I'm excited and worried for her, obviously because I don't know much about Prague, and also all I can think of is the movie Hostel and HOSTEL 2 ---Americans in that scary part of Europe where people are tricked and killed...but it's just fiction right? ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! BE SAFE MY LITTLE BUTTERFLY! I will be reading about her travels on her new blog, and you should too.



Friday night Saving Abel played at the South Florida Fair. I covered the show for the Capitol Street Team, and when picking up my credentials learned I have a new last name.



Kiersten told me that if she wasn't a vegetarian, the first thing she would eat at the fair is a DONUT BURGER. I am not a vegetarian, and I do not want to eat a donut burger, because I want to live and not die.



She swears by the fried pickles, and after trying them, I agree that they are awesome.



We came across a candy buffet, where I stocked up on Vanilla Flavored Tootsie Rolls and saw weird candies like gummi fried eggs and baby face tears.





When an Old Town photo spot is found, it's not a question of IF we should do it, but how much is it and how long is the wait because OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker


free counters

website statistics